Professional Mental Health Services
- Addiction Services
- Children & Youth
- Clinical Research Centers
- Community Support Services
- Eating Disorders
- Financial Services
- Health & Human Services
- Hospitals & Private Treatment Centers
- Legal & Advocacy
- LGBTQ+ Services
- Prescription Drug Assistance
- Professional Mental Health Services
NAMIGO’s Central Florida Educational Programs & Support Groups
NAMI Greater Orlando’s free education programs are designed to empower, inform and support all individuals affected by mental illness, their families, caregivers and the community. They are taught by trained peer volunteers who possess lived experience. We offer additional services, based upon individual and community needs.
Trained and knowledgeable responders provide information, referrals and support to people living with a mental health condition, family members and caregivers, mental health providers and the public. Many live with a mental health condition or provide care and support to a family member or friend. In the event of a crisis call, they will transfer callers in crisis or who express suicidal ideation to a national crisis line to provide further assistance. They can answer questions about mental health issues including:
- Symptoms of mental health conditions
- Treatment options
- Local support groups and services
- Education programs
- Helping family members get treatment
- Programs to help find jobs
- Connection with local attorneys
- provide counseling or therapy
- provide specific recommendations for things like treatment
- do individual casework, legal representations or other individual advocacy.
Further information about treatment and services.
- What to do in a crisis
- Friend/family member with a mental health condition doesn’t want medication or therapy
- The next step after getting a diagnosis
- Getting a recommendation for a doctor or facility
- Assistance paying for medication
- Disability benefits for mental health conditions
- Understanding health insurance, Medicaid and Medicare
- Finding residential treatment or a group home
- Finding legal representation
Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health Florida
Children’s Mobile Crisis Services
211 Orange County
If there is a medical emergency, call 911 first
This child welfare and behavioral healthcare organization serves children with mental health, intellectual/developmental disabilities and behavioral health challenges and their families. Assistance helping families restore calm if a child is losing control. If the need for Mobile Crisis Services is determined, this group provides services by trained counselors in your home, at no cost. They will arrive within an hour or less. Service provided through a partnership with Orange County, Wrap Around Orange, 211, Florida Hospital and the Heart of Florida United Way.
Call 24/7 if your child or teen:
- is out-of-control emotionally
- threatens to harm themselves or others
- exhibits explosive or dangerous behaviors
- needs immediate mental health stabilization
- needs immediate help because of drug or alcohol use
Mental Health Association of Central Florida
Help finding a mental health services provider. Offers other programs.
Offers a national directory of therapists, psychiatrists, therapy groups and treatment facility options.
SAMHSA National Helpline
A confidential Treatment Referral Routing Service for individuals and family with mental and/or substance use disorders. Provides referrals to local treatment facilities, support groups and community-based organizations. Free publications and other information. English and Spanish. Service of the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (samhsa.gov).